Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Details from our Wedding

A little over six months ago, we were married in Castine, ME We tried to keep everything simple, I was the third  and last of my sisters to be married in Castine. I knew it wouldn't be a stress less weekend for my wedding planning mom, but we did try to keep it as low key as possible. We were going to have all of our family and friends in town, so how can it not be fun? We enjoyed every second of the weekend. It was chilly the two days before the wedding but the day of turned out to be PERFECT weather. We really lucked out.
I just wanted to share some of the details/scenery from our wedding day!

Little galvanized buckets held flowers on the side of chairs lining the aisle


 My nephew's oh-so-cute shoes & knit vest (my mom is a fantastic knitter)

 My dress & shoes
 It was my sister's wedding dress as well! She wore it strapless and I had the straps added 
with excess fabric that happened to still be in the box with the dress. 

 Closeup of my shoes and bracelet. 
The shoes are Lindsay Phillips We were getting married in the grass, so heels were not very practical. They are super comfy, I wore them all night and I still get to wear them!
The bracelet has been worn my almost all the bride's on my mom's side for 3 generations! It is diamonds with sapphires, very art-deco, something borrowed, old, and blue! It was my great-grandmother's as a gift from my great-grandfather after the depression.

As much as I would have loved to not carry this big bag around, there are a lot of things you NEED throughout the day!  I was in my bff's wedding the previous summer, she gave us these bags as our bridesmaid gifts, I copied her and did the same. It worked perfectly for what I needed!

 Our programs were handed out by my husband's cousins. We forgot to ask someone to do it beforehand, they stepped up to the plate, thank goodness for them!

 A friend of my parents has a passion for restoring old cars. He, very generously, drove my dad and I to the church, then drove my husband I an to our pictures. It was fun! (Please note: I did have a cute little purse to carry around, it was not nearly as practical)

 Most of our guests were "from away." I wanted our welcome bag to be something people could re-use. We included bottled waters, a map of town with all of the wedding event locations highlighted, a schedule (that corresponded with the map,) coupons for a couple free items at stores in town, snack crackers, cookies made by my family, and a note to each guest tied on the strap. The numbers are the town's coordinates. 

 Our program being held by my grandmother. The C&B represents our initials, I was CC, my husband is BB.
C&B was used on our save the dates, invitations, tags on the welcome bags, maps, and coupons.
The ribbon is black watch plaid. The plaid was also the men's ties, the girls wraps and other small details.

Our ceremony site

My bouquet being held by my sister

Sailboats sailing past our ceremony

Bridesmaid bouquets

These stood behind the chairs flanking the aisle, they were moved closer to the water after the ceremony. They also flanked the door to the tent for the dinner reception.

The ceremony was on a historic site (the town has a very turbulent history) so this is one of a ton of historic markers around town.

The reception location: The Manor Inn Castine
The cocktail hour was inside then guests made their way down the path to a tent for dinner and dancing.

We found this fabulous graphic print fabric at a local fabric store. We wrapped two plywood sheets with it, then wrapped more ribbon lengthwise across it to hold place cards that I had written out. 


My bouquet and our placecard

 

Our table numbers

Head table centerpiece, a family heirloom silver bowl. The rest of the tables had various shaped glass vases wrapped with a black watch plaid ribbon.


Our cake, another family tradition, chocolate with raspberries & white chocolate frosting. 


All of the photography was graciously given to us by my aunt and uncle, Dennis and Ellen Curran of Curran Photography


2 comments:

  1. that is so , so pretty!!! I just love looking at pretty wedding photos. Thanks for becoming a follower of our blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...