Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little Table

For our wedding gift, my Grandmother brought me to her favorite auction house to choose some pieces I liked. She stayed for the auction and called me the next day. She had won two tables for us! Woohoo! So, I went to pick up my tables and only one was there, wah wah. The table that was still there had a good shape but was not nearly as cool as the missing table :( So I took the not as nice table home.
A few weeks later, the auction house called to say my pretty table had been returned! Someone had taken it by accident and was nice enough to bring it back. And the best part was it looked 1000x better. They had cleaned it all up. We took it home right away and use it as a front hall table. The poor ugly table, it stayed in my parent's garage for a few months. I brought it to our house to put our toaster on so it was off the counter. It REALLY didn't work with our overall taste. Finally I had enough and decided to paint it. We had a nice-ish weather day that I used to sand and prime it outdoors.
I got a little too excited and started to sand it before taking a 'before' shot. The top is definitely not original to the base. It had a lot of damage on it and only a light coat of stain.



 The legs either had way too much stain or paint on them, they had bubbles and globs all over the place.

At the 'neck' someone had pieced it together, again, probably not original but I kind of like it.


And 2 coats of primer and 1 coat of white paint later, here it is today! Now I think it is SO pretty.
 

6 comments:

  1. That is such a cute table...great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Your table looks so much better painted white- it's amazing what a little paint will do. I'm your newest follower, hope you'll stop by my blog and follow me back - lavievintagebleu.blogspot.com

    Armelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up to my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great style! Very unique. Way better with color, though.
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet gift! and it will mean that much more bc she "won" it for you. great blog!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...