Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conquering Our Overworked Hall Closet

After our wedding this fall, our already overloaded hall closet just about exploded. We use it for a pantry, linen closet, coat closet, broom closet, and anything else that needs a home. We have remodeled our bedroom closet, but because this one holds so much, I am having a hard time committing to a configuration I will like. So in the mean time, I will make it work for us and our "stuff"
Before


 After I removed everything from the floor, I realized how gross the carpet in there was. We have had the carpets in the rooms cleaned, but not that closet. I decided it needed to go!
 Found wood! No pad, no tack strips! The condo was previously a rental that they would spray the walls with paint, obviously the floor in the closet had not been protected. Good thing it's the closet!

 After I pulled up all the staples...
 And cleaned it well...
 Ready to reload! My old college roommate and I bought a ton of these black storage cubes at Target. They have haunted me ever since. They are a pain to put together, they aren't attractive but they do a great job at holding stuff! I have moments were I take them all apart and vow never to use them again, and moments, like now, that I admit they are nice to have.
 Everything is back in, and notice the empty spot on the shelf? AND the empty cube? Let's see how long they stay that way! The items I use on a more regular basis are under the shorter coats. The hanging Gap bag holds plastic grocery bags which we use for trash bags in the bathroom.
 Shelves hold light bulbs, Britta filters, cookie sheets, platters, books, canned goods, etc.


Before
 After!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...